Our Adoption Story

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Moses in the desert

You may have wondered why we have not posted in awhile.  There has been little encouraging to post!  There have been several changes in the Ethiopian adoption system since we received our referral.  Much of the news has been discouraging as to the time it will take for us to travel to court and then, ultimately, to bring our baby boy home.  The past two weeks have been particularly trying as we have been on an emotional roller coaster. We have received very discouraging news at times that leaves us heavy hearted.  However, we have also received some news that shows that God is still in the business of moving mountains.  Then more discouraging news.  And so goes my heart - up and down with the news.  This morning, though, God reminded me of the story of Moses in the desert (Exodus 17:11-13) when the Israelites were fighting the Amalekites.  When Moses would keep his hands raised, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning.  Eventually Moses hands grew weary so two friends held his hands up for him.  God, I believe, is reminding me to stay close to Him in prayer and to trust Him to do His work.  And...btw...would you be willing to hold our arms up?

The good news is that there is a precious 18 month little boy who is healthy and happy and will, Lord willing, join our family some day soon. 

3 comments:

  1. praying with you! keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will hold your hands up and mine too! I can not wait to hold and love my new nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be holding your hands up, Julie. I will pray for you and your family and for this little boy in Ethiopia. -Susan Messer

    ReplyDelete