Our Adoption Story

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Julie’s Testimony

I grew up in a very loving family that went to church every week.  We were very involved in the church.  It was between my junior and senior years in high school that I heard the Gospel in a way that made sense.  In looking back on the years leading up I can see seeds that God was planting all along, but God really grabbed my attention on a youth trip during the summer of 1984.  I had traveled with a group of high school students to Europe.  We were a group composed of students from all over the country.  Some of these students talked about God in a way I had never seen before.  They would pray to Abba Father and talk directly to Him.  They knew God.  I had never seen a relationship with God before.  Through getting to know these girls I became to realize that I had been living life only for myself.  I was convicted of my self-centeredness.  God was yanking on my heart!
            After returning from that trip I began attending Young Life where I learned about Jesus dying for me personally.  I became aware of my own sinful state and my need for Jesus to save me. I prayed to receive Jesus as my personal savior.  This was just the beginning, though, of understanding who the person of God is.
            God continues to grow me and stretch me.  He has taught me the beauty of worshipping in spirit with arms raised and heart open – giving praise and receiving joy and peace at the same time.  In times of trials He has taught me to cling to Him and hold onto His promises.  He has given me great reasons to be thankful as well.  He has blessed me with a wonderful, godly husband who loves me and our children well.  God has also blessed us with four precious children.  I am humbled when I consider the great gifts God has given me – salvation itself is more than I could ever hope for…but then He gives so much more over and above.

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry. I have such an amazing sister in law. You are a Godly example for me Julie, and I am very grateful to be your sister not only in this life but in Christ as well. I love you so very much.

    ReplyDelete